"I’m proud that three generations of our board leaders have attended Board Chairs Academy. The impact on Long Beach Day Nursery’s overall governance has been very positive and will serve us well as we approach our 100th year of service. We would love to have all our future leadership complete this outstanding program."
Patrice Wong, Executive Director
Long Beach Day Nursery
BOARD CHAIRS ACADEMY
Third Sector Company developed its own workbooks, manuals, textbooks and tools to provide an interactive classroom learning experience for board chairs, incoming board leaders and the executive director to work and learn as a team. The Academy is a five-part program consisting of the following five sessions:
- The Art of Nonprofit Leadership
- The Science of Board Development
- Board Involvement in Fundraising
- The CEO Performance Planning and Review
- The Strategic Board of Directors
In Southern California, Board Chairs Academy is presented through an exclusive license partnership
with The Center for Nonprofit Management in Los Angeles.
BOARD LEADERSHIP CONTINUITY PROGRAM
Classroom learning alone does not evolve a culture of understanding and guarantee use of best practices in board governance. Third Sector Company's Board Leadership Continuity Program offers the following additional services to promote clarity and consistency:
- A three-hour on-site board orientation program
- A full-day board retreat reviewing elements of the Academy and facilitating a board development plan for the organization
- "Board Chairs Toolkit" which provides copies of all handouts and tools for distribution at board meetings and training sessions throughout the year
- Participation in "Board Chair's Refresher" a one-day seminar offered twice per year to reconvene with Third Sector Company and fellow classmate
- An online subscription for your board members to "Third Sector Report," our monthly news column that appears in the Long Beach Business Journal
Call our concierge, Jeffrey Wilcox, to set up a comprehensive Board Leadership Continuity Program at (206) 457-4993.
BOARD LEADERSHIP CONTINUITY
Governance As Stewardship
Is Third Sector Company's Approach To Preparing Community Leaders
To Serve As Trustees Of A Cause
Third Sector Company's appoach to Leadership Continuity for Nonprofit Boards has been designed as a methodical approach to creating and sustaining a board culture that forms a legacy for future generations.